Looking at my garden the other evening, I noticed a little green shoot sprouting. The next day I couldn’t believe the difference. Green shoots were everywhere. What happened? It had rained in the night and the plants got a good drink of water.
Can the same thing happen with people? My client, Grace, at eighty-three was having multiple health problems from difficulty walking, dizziness and mental confusion, just to name a few. She had a spell and ended up in the ambulance on her way to the hospital. The first thing the paramedics did was put her on an IV of fluids. After numerous tests and a stay in the hospital, the doctor could find nothing wrong.
Grace mentioned how much better she felt once she had the IV of fluid. I started to wonder if dehydration could be contributing to her problems. Looking up the symptoms of dehydration in seniors, Grace’s picture could have been next to the entry. They included:
Many seniors don’t drink water because they don’t want to have to get up and go to the bathroom but that’s a small price to pay for the benefits of staying hydrated. Some of which include:
The next time you feel tired, lethargic or confused, drink a glass of water. You may be surprised how much better you feel. Like Grace and the plants in the garden, you may blossom. Water is a miracle drink that could change your life. Drink up!